C.N.BLUE did an interview on Yozm, which is Daum (Korean's version of google)'s version of Twitter. lol. The questions were asked by fans and the questions were picked from 10th to 15th May. The interview was then conducted on 20th May 2010.
It was a really long interview, i took 15-20 minutes to finish reading and laughing at their answers. Enjoy the read and for your convenience, i will highlight the interesting points!
Yozm STAR Interviewauthor: jovena
[ASK CNBLUE] Can CNBLUE dance well? You can dance...right?
1. Yonghwa_I already showed you once. I can actually dance very well (laugh). But I won't show it to you guys! I can't show it! It's not fair if we can dance well on top of everything (laugh).
2. Jonghyun_I'm confident that I'll do well if I learn!
3. Yonghwa_ I learned how to dance when I was a trainee. When the instructor kept telling me I'm good at it, I really thought I was a good dancer. But I'm the best of the four members (other members agree)
4. Minhyuk_ yeah, he is atleast better than the rest of us.
5. Yonghwa_But we don't have the moves to show it off to people so we swore not to dance in public, but we ended up dancing on "We got Married."
6. (Q. Any plans to show it off on surprise stage at concert?)
7. Yonghwa_We only plan to fill it up with singing and playing our instruments.
8. (Q. So anyone who can't dance?)
8. Yonghwa_(pointing at Jungshin) We all really can't dance, but Jungshin is tall. Tall Bi/Rain is cool with broad shoulders and all, but when Jungshin shakes his body, it looks like a cotton swab swaying side to side.
[ASK CNBLUE] I listend to 'Love Light' that Yonghwa wrote. It's a lovely song. Is it based on Yonghwa's experience?
1. Yonghwa_Well, obviously your personal experience is part of composing and writing a song.
2. (Q. With what kind of feeling did you make it?)
3. Yonghwa_I hoped that a listener would feel warm and someone in love for the first time would agree with it. I tried to sing it softly too. Normally I don't try to write a song like that. I wrote alot of songs when I felt something like that at one moment. I tend to listen to all sorts of songs regardless of genre.
[ASK CNBLUE] What commerical do CNBLUE members want to shoot?
1. Minhyuk_I don't think we ever talked about that. It's so far away.
2. Yonghwa_Commerical for cheering for the World Cup?
3. Jonghyun_Yes, I really want to try it.
[ASK CNBLUE] Tell us Jung Yong Hwa's plans for dramas?
1. Yonghwa_The company is looking into few of them. I haven't seen the specific scenario ye but I'm practicing acting regularly so I can always start in a piece that I want to be part of. I had a really hard time shooting 'You are beautiful.'
It's good that Yong Hwa has more acting plans coming up right? ^^ Would love to see C.N.BLUE acting on screen!
2. (Q. Anyone else thinking of acting?)
3. Jungshin_Actually, we are all preparing for it individuall. We are still in the process of filling in what we lack, so I don't think we can show it to you soon.
[ASK CNBLUE] Noona fan?
2. (Q. What's different about them than younger fans?)
3. Yonghwa_ I think they really like and enjoy our music. I think they enjoy various music through us too.
Yes noona fans approved! C.N.BLUE's fans are mostly noonas anyway, but for me, at least i am same age with them ^^
I agree that older fans tend to appreciate the music more!
[ASK CNBLUE] What episodes happened before CNBLUE released their new album?
1. Jungshin_We didn't really go out while we were preparing for the album..so I don't think we have any special episode. I think because we each have our own instrument to be responsible of, so we spent all of our time in the studio.
2. Yonghwa_lies (laugh)
3. (Q. Then, tell us about your new hair style.)
4. Yonghwa_I don't think there is any hairstyle I haven't tried after debuting and including magazine shoots. I guess I haven't tried shaving, ragae air, long hair? I cut it a little but I don't think it really shows.
5. Jungshin_I never liked putting down my bangs, but I like my hairstyle right now. Luckily, when I told the agency I want to try this style, they approved, and so it was born. I wonder how fans see it.
I didn't know it was Jung Shin's idea to have this hair.... Hmm i would prefer the I'm A Loner hair, but he doesnt look at bad as Yong Hwa's hair on the album cover =x
6. Jonghyun_I told them to cut it off!
7. Minhyuk_I had one side down long for the previous album. So I wanted to try a refresihng look for this one. I think it's pretty but it shows too much of my face, so I'm worried.
8. (Q. But Yonghwa, you keep couging. Is your throat okay?)
9. Yonghwa_It was okay for a while but from interviewing and recording lately, it's back to worse. It got worse from practicing for comeback too.
10. Jungshin_and we are preparing for our Japanese single too, so there's no time to rest his throat.
[ASK CNBLUE] How are your personal relations? Who are your celebrity friends?
1. Jonghyun_I have absolutely no one.
2. I'm kind of close with Jang Geun Suk and Hongki through "You are beautiful." and I met alot of sunbaes from doing alot of shows in a short period of time. I am close with Park Myung Soo, Lee Hwee Jae, and Yoo Sae Yoon...etc.
3. Jungshin_We just stay with eachother because we don't even really leave our waiting room.
4. Jongyun_Atleast last time, we shared a waiting room with 2am several times. So we atleast talk with them. I can't say we are close because if I do, they can say we are not.
5. Jonghyun_^^ Ah, when other members were sleeping and I was playing guitar in the waiting room, I remmeber when Jinwoon came over and we played together.
[ASK CNBLUE]If you are to shoot 'We got married,' with who? (Yonghwa, before you become Yongseo couple)
1. Yonghwa_I think I'd still do it with Seohyun. While spending time with her, I learned that she is really caring. When I had my throat trouble, even though we didn't have WGM shoot, she packed me stuff thats good for the throat, vitamins and worried about me.
2. Minhyuk_I never thought about it.
3. Yonghwa_That's impossible.
4. Minhyuk_If was to do WGM, I think it would be more fun to have a surprise meeting with whoever the producers pair me up with.
5. Jonghyun_Ah yeah! I want to try like that too. I think that'll be alright.
6. Jungshin_hmm, I like that.
[ASK CNBLUE] What do you do when you can't think of a note or words to a lyrics?
1. Yonghwa_Everyone is going to be different but I tend to erase everything I've written when I can't think well. Struggling with it messes everything up and I feel like I'm forcing myself. Even if I'm almost done with it, if I can't come up with the ending, then I erase the whole thing.
2. Yonghwa_Nightime is the best time to think of music. I like composing wihle listening to the sound of the rain with my windows opened on a rainy day. I began to like a rainy day at one moment, so when it looks like it's going to rain, I think that I'll write a good song.
3. Jonghyun_I tend to get inspired from all the moments in my daily life. And I like foreign dramas, and I write what I thought and felt after watching them into the lyrics.
4. Minhyuk_When I'm writing the lyrics, I tend to think of the lyrics to a song by looking out the window while we are driving in the van, and being alone late at night helps me concentrate better.
[ASK CNBLUE] Do CNBLUE have stage frights? Tell us one person at a time
1. Jonghyun_I have lyics fright. Once, we did a special stage with Kim Jang Hoon. That time we were running on one hour of sleep everyday, so my head was a blank sheet of paper. So I completely forgot the lyrics.
2. Jonghyun_But I'm so sorry and thankful to Kim Jang Hoon, because Kim Jang Hoon did an interview the next day, and he spoke about us in a positive light.
3. Minhyuk_Everyone would be nervous but I'm one of the people who are more nervous than normal. My heart beats like crazy before I take the stage.
Our cute drummer definitely doesn't look scared at all on stage, with his bright eye smile, spinning sticks and all..
4. Minhyuk_It gets a little better if I get up on stage and take some time following the tune...but I think it only works if I am enjoying that mood.
5. (Q. But Minhyuk, how do you show us your stick turning trick if you are that nervous?)
6. Minhyuk_Ah, I kept practicing because I was so worried I'd drop it. I practiced even before I took the stage. I close my eyes and do alot of image training too.
7. Jonghyun_I think when we perform, the start is very important. If one of us make a mistake at the start, then we don't feel so well and that kind of condition seem to spread out to other member or overall stage mood.
It's really amazing how C.N.BLUE are all connected to each other through music. Interdependent on each other ^^
[ASK CNBLUE] Jonghyun~ What is the most memorable birthday present?
1. Jonghyun_Whoa, I think I know this user!
2.Yonghwa_Jonghyun was really happy when he received an effector.
3. Jonghyun_I remember receiving a laptop recently. It was my first gift too.
4. Yonghwa_Jonghyun gets alot of expensive presents!
I've read it a few times, but can someone explain to me what is an effector???
[ASK CNBLUE] I'll ask early...it's Jonghyun's birthday. Who was the first one to tell you happy birthday?
1. Jonghyun_Who was it..?
2. Yonghwa_ It was me! I told you 'Happy birthday Jonghyun!' I also gave him a watch as a present.
3. Jonghyun_To be honest, I always wanted that watch.
[ASK CNBLUE]I want to know your unusual habits. What are they?
1. Minhyuk_I think I got rid of even the ones I had. I don't have any.
[ASK CNBLUE]When was your first love? I know about Yonghwa already.
1. Yonghwa_You are leaving me out?! I'm upset. I'm not gonna answer.^^ Who is this person?
2. (ID: My man is crazy)
3. Minhyuk_When I was a freshman. she was a friend from another school but after being friends, I could depend and rely on her. so I think thats how I met my first love.
4. Jungshin_I think it was in high school for me too.
5. Yonghwa_you had one? Ah, Jungshin loved once too.
6. Jungshin_I had a good feeling towards her but I dont know if that was love. I don't have any special love that I remember.
7. Jonghyun_I think I liked someone in my second year in middle school. I don't remember exactly but I felt hurt because of her.
8. (Q. You aren't gonna answer, Yonghwa?)
9. I'm not gonna since she knows already.
10. Jonghyun_I think because Yonghwa talked about it on radio once.
11. Yonghwa_I had someone I really liked in middle school. But I was too shy back then so I couldn't even meet her eyes. I couldn't even say a word to her. she was similar to me too. But we really liked eachother so we got to see eachother for some time.
[ASK CNBLUE] Who is the best cook?
1. Jonghyun_We are at similar level. We cooked alot in Japan.
2. Minhyuk_In Japan, we individually shopped what we wanted and cooked.
3. Jonghyun_I tend to eat really salty food but Minhyuk likes it plain so we can't eat together.
4. (Q. Do you each re-cook when your manager cooks for you?)
5. Yonghwa_No! Amazingly, when manager cooks for us, it taste perfect for all of us.
[ASK CNBLUE] Oh Oh. Did you feel any difference between first and second album?
1. Jonghyun_Because people loved our first album so much, we had to put alot of effort into the second album. We wanted to make the second one even better.
2. Minhyuk_in the first album, other than "I'm a loner," we just had songs from Japan albums but in the second one, we added songs written by Yonghwa and myself. You can look forward to more new songs.
3. (Q. Debut song rarely takes first place. That must been a bigger pressure.)
4. Jungshin_to be honest, we began the first album like taking a challenge, but because people loved it so much, there was alot of pressure when working on the second one. We wanted to make it even better.
[ASK CNBLUE] Who takes the best care of a sick member?
1. Yonghwa_When Minhyuk had a stomach ache, I even gave him a stomach massage!
2. Minhyuk_Yes, he took a very good care of me.
3. (Q. Are you two becoming a couple for real like this?)
5. Yonghwa_Uh oh! Minhyuk couldn't even sleep from the pain so I had to rub his belly.
6. Minhyuk_sometimes I'm scared and uncomfortable with Yonghwa.
7. Jonghyun_I'm close like friends with Yonghwa but Minhyuk seem to have some distance with him. Maybe that's why they are so close.
[ASK CNBLUE] Which celebrity did you want to meet before debut?
1. Yonghwa_I got to attend many award ceremonies because of drama and mc-ing so I think I met everyone I wanted to meet there. I met Lee Byunghun, Cha seungwon and Ha Jungwoo. Before debut, I couldn't even have dreamed of meeting them.
2. Minhyuk_I really want to meet Jang Dongun and Kim Taehee. I haven't met them yet.
3. Jungshin_I want to meet Kim Jongkook. Long time ago, they played Turbo music alot at ski resorts. I liked that and he has a good body and is a good dancer, so I've always been interested in him. He's so cool. I met him once before and he was nice to me.
4. Jonghyun_I've always wanted to see him and I met Kim Bumsoo at a radio and said hello to him. I admire him because he is an amazing singer and it was amazing to see him for real and talk to him.
[ASK CNBLUE] Dorm full of boys..any fun episode?
1. Yonghwa_It's same everyday.
2. Jonghyun_something fun happens everyday. I play like a child playing tricks on younger ones.
3. Jungshin_All four of us sleep in the living room. That's an episode in itself.
4. (Q. What happens when you are hungry?)
5. Jonghyun_Our manager makes the best dumpling soup.
lol at jong hyun! he looks cool most of the time, can't really imagine him playing tricks on the members even though he does carry a very childlike smile most of the time..
[ASK CNBLUE] Who is the early bird?
2. (Q. Does he wake up early?)
3. Minhyuk_I once beat my alarm clock. But when we are promoting and stuff, I can't wake up quickly. Manager wakes me up.
[ASK CNBLUE] Who has the worst sleeping habit?
1. Yonghwa_Theres two of them! We tell Jungshin to cover his face when hes not sleeping at home. We get shocked when we see Jungshin sleeping. I won't say why!
2. Jonghyun_I grind my teeth. Apparently I've been doing that since young.
3. (Q. How do you sleep together?)
4. Jonghyun_Fortunately, I sleep late. Minhyuk really sleeps gently like his personality. When he lies down, he sleeps and wakes up in that position.
LOL at jungshin's unglam sleeping habits.. and, grinding teeth is not good..
Min hyuk is so cute!! He even sleeps so gently!!
[ASK CNBLUE] How are Japanese fans and Korean fans difference? Like their reactions in concerts
1. Jonghyun_Japanese fans are very forward, I guess from attending many concerts. Korean fans are more shy.
eh, did they say the opposite by accident? i remember reading that they said the Japanese fans are more shy.
[ASK CNBLUE] I think that there is a difference working in Korea and in Japan. What are the positives and negatives?
1. Minhyuk_The biggest difference is, I think I was more comfortable doing concerts in Japan. It was comfortable performing on stage without camera.
2. Jonghyun_We performed for concerts in Japan while we did it for broadcast in Korea. We plan to do for concerts in Korea too from now.
3. Yonghwa_Our music is more for manias in Japan but more for the general public in Korea.
[ASK CNBLUE] You haven't done a concert in Korea yet. But when you do, what songs do you want to cover?
1. Yonghwa_On July 31st, we will perform at Melon Ax.
2. Jungshin_We have alot of songs just with all the songs from our Japanese albums so we are not sure if we can handle making special stage with other songs.
3. Jonghyun_Before, we wondered about what songs to perform when we have our own concert but now, there are still many songs that we want to do for Korean fans so we think we'll just do our songs.
4. Jonghyun_At our last concert in Japan, we sang 18 songs at a place that could hold 1000 audience members. Honestly, we hadn't held many long concerts so it was hard. We'll practice alot.
[ASK CNBLUE] You all seem to be reserved. Is that because you are on air or is that really your personality?
1. Yonghwa_That's correct. We do it for TV. ^^
2. (Q. What do other people say about your personality?)
3. Yonghwa_People say Minhyuk is calm but he is a rascal. His nickname is a mouse. (It was a sparrow before) He hides and disappears like a mouse.
4. Yonghwa_Jungshin gives off an untouchable strange charm even when he isnt speaking. He is really honest so he says whatever he wants to say.
5. Minhyuk_Yes, Jungshin speaks whatever he wants.
6. Jonghyun_so one time, Minhyuk got angry at Jungshin.
7. Jungshin_Yes, I think I'm very honest.
8. Yonghwa_But Jungshin has alot of aegyo so we can't hate him. Jonghyun has the very wild Busan man personality. You can tell by how he sleeps only in underwear
Min Hyuk does look sneaky sometimes.. lol. Jung Shin is definitely direct, but he hardly said any offensive things on broadcasts so far.. He is direct with his 4D mindset though, always saying weird things that will cause audience to burst into laughter. I want to see more Jung Shin aegyo!!
LOVL (laughing out VERY loud) at Jong Hyun's part! And "shock!" lol...
[ASK CNBLUE] Who is the most modest member?
1. Jungshin_It's Jonghyun. He rarely buys clothes and is kinda modest.
2. Jonghyun_It's not that I rarely go shopping. I don't go shopping at all. I wear what Igot as gifts.
3. Yonghwa_Jonghyun steals food from us alot.
4. Jonghyun_Honestly, I don't think I really understand what money is. I just do what I like but the members have hard time because of me.
[ASK CNBLUE] What is CNBLUE ideal type?
1. Jonghyun_Park Jin Hwee for me.
2. Yonghwa_Before at an interview, Jonghyun said his ideal type is Park Jin Hwee but the article later said she is Minhyuk's ideal type.
3. Minhyuk_I like innocent and relaxing style. Someone like a friend. But people ask me to name a celebrity like that but I'm not really comfortable with other celebrities so it's hard to pick who.
4. Minhyuk_But I like Kim Tae Hwee's look.
5. Jonghyun_Who can hate a style like Kim Tae Hwee?
6. Minhyuk_But I had a hard time before. An article once said "Kang Min Hyuk's preferred style = innocent and relaxing style = Kim Tae Hwee." That wasnt my intention but I guess people like naming a celebrity.
7. Jungshin_ I like a style like Lee Min Jung. Just that feeling.
8. Yonghwa_Before I liked Lee Yeon Hwee when she appeared on "Millionaire's first love." But now I like my caring wife.
[ASK CNBLUE]Do you have any hobbies other than music?
1. Minhyuk_I like running around. I like running around with a ball but I like running around without it too. Like playing hide and seek. ^^ I love playing with a ball to the point that I wanted to become a baseball player when I was young.
2. Minhyuk_I go out to play catch time to time too. Jonghyun likes sports but he doesnt seem to like running around.
3. Jonghyun_I did judo. But lately I'm so tired that I want to lie down whenever I can. I watch Japanese dramas when I have time.
4. Yonghwa_I like shopping for nitty gritty things. I move when I do that and don't even realize how tired I am.
5. Jungshin_I like photography so when I go out on a good day, I take pictures. It's so refreshing and nice but lately, I can't find the time to do it.
6. Yonghwa_I really like basketball but I can't find the time. I want to play!!
I think i have ideas for Jung Shin's birthday present already... And now, i feel like getting a basketball for Yong Hwa too lol.
[ASK CNBLUE] The most unique fan?
1. Jonghyun_Before we were performing in Japan and a fan at the front fainted. She looked about late-thirties and I guess the air inside the stadium was bad or something..she fainted.
2. Jungshin_Jonghyun got so shocked by that.
3. Jonghyun_I remember fans who came to our Japan concerts before we debuted in Korea too.
4. Yonghwa_There are those who come to our every performance in Korea too. I remember their signs and their faces too.
5. Minhyuk_When we were doing our autograph sessions, a fan showed us her 9 savings account. I guess she wanted to be remembered by that. Some fans buy us lottery.
[ASK CNBLUE] Who is the least picky eater?
1. Yonghwa_Jonghyun is the most picky eater.
2. Jonghyun_I'm picky but I eat alot!
3. Yonghwa_You didn't eat the Pizza yesterday!
4. Jonghyun_I like pork stew and shabu shabu.
5. Yonghwa_Jonghyun wants us to eat shabu shabu 6 times a week.
6. Jonghyun_But they don't.
7. Yonghwa_We actually like spaghetti but we rarely have the time to go eat. But when we do have the time, Jonghyun always say 'lets go eat shabu shabu!'
8. Minhyuk_It's not that we don't like shabu shabu but I guess we just want to rebel since Jonghyun suggests it way too often. Jonghyun doesn't like spaghetti.
9. (Q. You must have hard time because of food)
10. Jonghyun_ My stomach can't handle cheesey food.
lol at the hyungs' bickering...
credits: Princess @ cnbluesgfc tagboard, dailykpop, Daum Yozm, 1takeKK @ CNBLUE-SKY.net (translations)
DO NOT LINK OUR IMAGES/HOTLINK!
CREDIT IN FULL